1. Non-landed Private Residential Resale Prices increased 0.6% in April 2018. Non-landed Private Residential Resale prices increased 0.6% in April 2018 compared to March 2018. In individual sectors, RCR and OCR recorded a price increase of 1.0% and 0.7% respectively, while CCR prices recorded a decrease of 0.3%.
According to the SRX Non-Landed Private Residential Price Index:
- Year-on-year, prices in April 2018 increased by 9.5% from April 2017. In individual sectors, CCR, RCR and OCR recorded a year-on-year price increase of 9.2%, 12.6% and 7.3% respectively.
- April 2018 prices were up by 0.6% from the peak last month, March 2018.
- Price change was revised from 1.5% to 1.4% in March 2018.
- Overall price index continues to increase, RCR prices reach another new high in April 2018.
2. Resale volume decreases by 1.7%. According to Non-Landed Private Residential Resale data compiled by SRX Property, an estimated 1,360 Non-landed Private Residential resale units were resold in April 2018. This is a 1.7% decrease compared to 1,383 units resold in March 2018.
Year-on-year, resale volume in April 2018 was 26.9% higher compared to 1,072 units resold in April 2017;
Resale volume was down by 33.7 % compared to its peak of 2,050 units resold in April 2010.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (TOX) is POSITIVE $20,000 in April 2018. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying or underpaying the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
The median T-O-X for April 2018 is POSITIVE $20,000. It remains unchanged comparing to POSITIVE $20,000 T-O-X for March 2018.
4. District 11 posts highest median T-O-X. For districts with more than 10 resale transactions in April 2018, District 11 (Watten Estate, Novena, Thomson) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $89,000.
This suggests that a majority of the buyers in that district purchased units above the computer-generated market value.
5. Among relatively active districts, District 27 posts the most negative median T-O-X. District 27 (Yishun, Sembawang) posted a T-O-X of NEGATIVE $15,000.
This suggests that a majority of the buyers in that district purchased units below the computer-generated market value.