- HDB resale prices increase 0.8% in December 2021 compared to November 2021. Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 1.0% and 0.6% respectively, as compared to November 2021. In terms of room types, 3 Room, 4 Room, 5 Room and Executive prices increase by 0.7%, 0.9%, 1.1% and 1.4% respectively.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, the overall price increase is 13.6%.
- Year-on-year, prices for all room types increased in December 2021: 3 Room by 15.8%, 4 Room by 12.9%, 5 Room by 13.9% and Executive by 13.8%.
- Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 12.6% and 14.3% respectively from a year ago.
2,429 HDB resale transactions in December 2021, representing a 6.1% decrease from November 2021.
- The total resale volume in the year is 29,182, which is an increase of 24.6% from 2020.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in December 2021 is 2.4% lower than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in December 2021, 43.4% of the volume came from HDB 4 Room, 25.7% from 5 Room, 22.1% from 3 Room and 7.3% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room and Multi-Generation.
- The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,360,000 by a 5 Room DBSS unit at Natura Loft. This is also the highest transacted price ever for a resale flat.
- In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $925,000 by an Executive Apartment unit at Toh Guan Road.
- In December 2021, there are 38 HDB resale flats transacted for at least $1,000,000,representing an increase from November 2021 in which 29 such units were transacted.
This is the highest number of million-dollar flats ever sold in a month, surpassing the record high that was achieved in the previous month.
The number of million-dollar flats sold comprises 1.6% of the total resale volume in the month.
For the whole of 2021, a total of 261 HDB flats have been transacted for more than a million dollars so far, which is a 218.3% increase from the 82 million-dollar flats sold in the previous year.