According to the SRX Price Index for Non-Landed Private Residential Resale:
- Month-on-month, overall prices remain unchanged over July 2019.
- Year-on-year, overall prices increase by 0.2% over August 2018.
- RCR and OCR record year-on-year price increases of 1.9% and 0.1%, respectively, while CCR record year-on-year price decrease of 2.2%.
- Price changes for overall, CCR, RCR and OCR in July are revised to -0.6%, -0.3%, -1.5% and -0.1%, from -0.5%, -0.1%, -1.1% and -0.3%, respectively.
2. Volumes decrease by 13.6% with 751 units resold in August 2019, compared to 869 units transacted in July 2019.
- Volumes are 4.3% higher than in August 2018, but 1.7% lower than the 5-year average volume for the month of August.
- Breaking down by price segments, in August 2019, 78.8% of the volume comes from units below $2 million, 15.8% from $2 million to $5 million, 4.0% from $5 million to $10 million and 1.4% from above $10 million.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale unit in the month was achieved at Le Nouvel Ardmore, where a unit with was transacted for $15.7 million at $4,000 psf.
- In RCR, the highest transacted price was a 6-bedroom penthouse unit at Sennett Residence resold for $5.5 million.
- In OCR, the highest transacted price was a 35-year-old, freehold unit at Thomson Grove resold for $2.7 million.
- District 4 (Sentosa, Harbourfront) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $45,600, followed by District 3 (Alexandra, Commonwealth) at POSITIVE $15,000.
- District 10 (Tanglin, Holland, Bukit Timah) posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $91,000, followed by District 8 (Farrer Park, Serangoon Road) at NEGATIVE $49,000.
- T-O-X data only include districts with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.