According to the SRX Non-Landed Private Residential Price Index:
- Year-on-year, prices in December 2017 increased by 6.2% from December 2016. In individual sectors, CCR, RCR and OCR recorded a year-on-year price increase of 6.2%, 8.9% and 4.4% respectively.
- December 2017 prices were down by 2.1% from the peak in January 2014.
- Price change was revised from 0.5% to 0.4% in November 2017.
- CCR and RCR continue to reach new highs.
2. Resale volume decreases by 38.3%. According to Non-Landed Private Residential Resale data compiled by SRX Property, an estimated 895 Non-landed Private Residential units were resold in December 2017. This is a 38.3% decrease compared to 1,450 units resold in November 2017.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in December 2017 was 79.7% higher compared to 498 units resold in December 2016;
- Resale volume was down by 56.3 % compared to its peak of 2,050 units resold in April 2010.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (TOX) is POSITIVE $12,000 in December 2017. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying or underpaying the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- The median T-O-X in December 2017 is POSITIVE $12,000. It is unchanged comparing to the same POSITIVE $12,000 T-O-X in November 2017.
4. District 13 posts highest median T-O-X. For districts with more than 10 resale transactions in December 2017, District 13 (Macpherson / Potong Pasir) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $490,000.
This means that a majority of the buyers in those districts purchased units above the computer-generated market value.
5. Among relatively active districts, District 17 posts the most negative median T-O-X. District 17 (Changi Airport / Changi Village) posted a T-O-X of NEGATIVE $19,000.
This means that a majority of the buyers in these districts purchased units below the computer-generated market value.