According to the SRX Non-Landed Private Residential Price Index:
- Year-on-year, prices in July 2017 increased by 2.0% from July 2016. In individual sectors, CCR and RCR recorded a year-on-year price increase of 4.8% and 4.4%, while OCR decreased by 1.3% respectively.
- July 2017 prices were down by 5.0% from the peak in January 2014.
- Year-to-date, prices increase by 2.2% in comparison to January 2017.
- Price change in June 2017 was revised from 0.9% to 0.7%.
2. Resale volume decreases by 9.7%. According to Non-Landed Private Residential Resale data compiled by SRX Property, an estimated 952 Non-landed Private Residential units were resold in July 2017. This is a 9.7% decrease compared to 1,054 units resold in June 2017.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in July 2017 was 20.1% higher compared to 793 units resold in July 2016;
- Resale volume was down by 53.6 % compared to its peak of 2,050 units resold in April 2010.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (TOX) is ZERO in July 2017. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying or underpaying the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- The median T-O-X in July 2017 is ZERO. This is a $1,000 decrease compared to $1,000 in June 2017.
4. District 20 posts highest median T-O-X. For districts with more than 10 resale transactions in July 2017, District 20 (Ang Mo Kio / Bishan / Thomson) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $60,000.
This means that a majority of the buyers in those districts purchased units above the computer-generated market value.
5. Among relatively active districts, District 26 posts the most negative median T-O-X. District 26 (Mandai / Upper Thomson) posted a T-O-X of NEGATIVE $27,000.
This means that a majority of the buyers in these districts purchased units below the computer-generated market value.