HDB resale prices increase by 0.2% in December 2022 compared to November 2022. Mature Estates prices remain unchanged and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 0.3%, as compared to November 2022. In terms of room types, 3 Room prices increase by 0.6%, 4 Room prices rise by 0.2%, 5 Room prices increase by 0.3% and Executive prices decrease by 0.4%.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, the overall price increase is 9.4%. This is lower than the price growth in 2021 which was 13.6%.
- Year-on-year, prices for all room types increaseover December 2021: 3 Room by 9.5%, 4 Room by 10.1%, 5 Room by 9.8% and Executive by 10.2%.
- Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 8.0% and 10.4% respectively from a year ago.
- 2,242 HDB resale flats are transacted in December 2022, representing a 4.8% increase from November 2022.
- Year-on-year, resale volumes in December 2022 are 7.7% lower than the previous year.
- In 2022, total resale volumes are 8.1% lower than 2021.
- Breaking it down by room type, in December 2022, 44.4% of the volumes come from HDB 4 Room, 21.9% from 5 Room, 25.4% from 3 Room and 5.9% from Executive. The rest are from other room types.
- Breaking it down by estate, 61.5% of the resale volumes in December 2022 come from Non-Mature Estates. The remaining 38.5% in the month are from Mature Estates.
- The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,300,000 by an Executive Maisonette unit at Toh Yi Drive.
- In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $1,038,000 by an Executive Maisonette unit at Hougang Street 21.
- In December 2022, there are 28 HDB resale flats transacted for at least $1,000,000, representing a slight increase from November 2022 which recorded 26 such units.
The number of million-dollar flats sold comprise 1.2% of the total resale volumes in the month.
Bishan records five million-dollar flats sold in the month, followed by Bukit Merah, Central Area and Toa Payoh with three units while Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Timah and Queenstown each record two units.
The rest of the million-dollar flats come from Kallang/Whampoa, Woodlands, Serangoon, Marine Parade, Jurong East, Hougang, Geylang and Clementi.