1. CCR & OCR prices increase by 2.2% and 0.6%, respectively; RCR price decreases by 1.9%.
According to the SRX Price Index for Non-Landed Private Residential Resale:
- Month-on-month, overall prices increase by 0.2% over August 2019.
- Year-on-year, overall prices increase by 0.8% over September 2018.
- All regions experience year-on-year price increases; CCR, RCR and OCR record 1.8%, 0.2% and 0.6%, respectively.
- Price changes for overall, RCR and OCR in August are revised to -0.3%, 0.6% and -1.2%, from 0.0%, 1.0% and -0.9%, respectively.
2. Volumes decrease by 1.5% with 743 units resold in September 2019, compared to 754 units transacted in August 2019.
- Volumes are 8.5% higher than in September 2018, and 5.1% higher than the 5-year average volume for the month of September.
- Breaking down by regions, in September 2019, 53.1% of the volume comes from OCR, 28.2% comes from RCR and 18.7% comes from CCR.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale unit in the month was achieved at $32 million by two units: (1) At TwentyOne Angullia Park where a unit was resold for $4,146 psf; (2) At 3 Orchard-By-The-Park where a unit was resold for $4,638 psf.
- In RCR, the highest transacted price was a unit at Caribbean at Keppel Bay resold for $6.3 million.
- In OCR, the highest transacted price was a unit at Mandarin Gardens resold for $3.5 million.
4. Overall Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is NEGATIVE $10,000 in September 2019. This represented no change as compared to August 2019. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX X-Value estimated market value.
- District 9 (Orchard / River Valley) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $54,400, followed by District 10 (Tanglin / Holland / Bukit Timah) at POSITIVE $30,000.
- District 12 (Balestier / Toa Payoh) posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $45,500, followed by District 5 (Buona Vista / West Coast / Clementi) at NEGATIVE $40,000.
- T-O-X data only include districts with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.