1. Overall rents increase by 0.3% from February 2019. CCR rents increased 2.3%, while RCR and OCR rents decreased by 0.8% and 0.1% respectively.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for Non-Landed Private Residential Rentals:
- Year-on-year, rents increased by 1.5% from March 2018
- Rents were down by 17.7% from the peak in January 2013
- All regions recorded a year-on-year rent increase. CCR by 1.6%, RCR by 0.3% and OCR by 2.5%
2. Volume increases by 41.4% from February 2019. An estimated 5,184 Non-Landed Private Residential units were rented in March 2019.
- Year-on-year, rental volume in March 2019 was 1.3% lower than 5,250 units rented in March 2018.
B. HDB Rental Market
1. HDB rents increase by 0.2% as compared to previous month. HDB 4 Rooms and Executive rose by 0.8% and 0.8% respectively, while 3 Rooms and 5 Rooms dropped by 0.3% and 0.5% respectively. Rents in Mature Estates increased by 0.7% and those in Non-mature Estates decreased by 0.5% versus February 2019.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Rentals:
- Year-on-year, overall HDB rents increased by 0.5%
- Rents were down by 15.1% from the peak in August 2013
- Mature Estates rents increased 1.0%, while Non-mature Estates decreased by 0.2% from March 2018.
- Monthly change in index value for February 2019 was revised to -0.1% from 0.0%.
2. HDB rental volume increases. An estimated 2,220 HDB flats were rented in March 2019 representing a 58.3% increase from February 2019.
- Year-on-year, rental volume was 5.4% lower than 2,346 units rented in March 2018.