1. HDB resale prices increase by 0.5% in January 2019. HDB resale prices increase by 0.5% in January 2019 compared to December 2018. The resale prices of HDB 4 Rooms, HDB 5 Rooms and HDB Executive recorded a price increase of 0.8%, 0.3% and 1.9% respectively, while HDB 3 Rooms prices decreased by 0.1%. Prices in Mature Estates decreased by 0.1%, while those in Non-Mature Estates increased by 1.0% as compared to December 2018.
According to SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, prices in January 2019 decreased by 1.1% from January 2018.
- Prices in January 2019 were down by 13.9% from its peak in April 2013.
- In January 2019, both Mature Estates and Non-Mature Estates recorded a year-on-year price decrease of 1.3% and 1.0% respectively from January 2018.
- Monthly change in index value for December 2018 remained unchanged at -0.3%.
2. HDB resale volume increases by 8.8%. 1,560 HDB resale flats were sold in January 2019. This represents a 8.8% increase from 1,434 transacted units in December 2018.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in January 2019 was 43.0% higher than 1,091 units resold in January 2018.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is NEGATIVE $1,000 in January 2019. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- Overall Median T-O-X was NEGATIVE $1,000 in January 2019. This is an increase of $1,000 comparing to NEGATIVE $2,000 for December 2018.
- Median T-O-X for HDB 3 Rooms, 4 Rooms, 5 Rooms and Executive flats in January 2019 were NEGATIVE $4,000, NEGATIVE $1,600, POSITIVE $1,000 and POSITIVE $4,000 respectively.
4. Pasir Ris posts the highest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in January 2019, Pasir Ris posted the highest median T-O-X of POSITIVE $8,000, followed by Woodlands at POSITIVE $4,000.
5. Clementi and Toa Payoh posts the lowest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in January 2019, Clementi and Toa Payoh posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $8,500, followed by Serangoon at NEGATIVE $7,700.