According to SRX Property Price Index for Non-Landed Private Residential Resale:
- Year-on-year, prices in December 2018 increased by 7.5% from December 2017.
- December 2018 prices were down by 1.5% from its peak in July 2018.
- In December 2018, CCR, RCR and OCR recorded a year-on-year price increase of 6.5%, 8.4% and 7.3% respectively from December 2017.
- Monthly change in index value for November 2018 was revised to 0.3% from 0.2%.
- Quarter-on-quarter, prices have decreased by 0.8% from Q3 2018. Quarter-on-quarter calculation is based on the index average of three months in Fourth Quarter of 2018 and that of the preceding quarter.
2. Non-Landed Private Residential resale volume decreases by 24.0%. An estimated 479 Non-Landed Private Residential resale units were resold in December 2018. This represents a 24.0% decrease from 630 units resold in November 2018.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in December 2018 was 50.7% lower than 972 units resold in December 2017.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (TOX) is NEGATIVE $10,000 in December 2018. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying (POSITVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- Overall median T-O-X was NEGATIVE $10,000 in December 2018. TOX remains unchanged as compared to NEGATIVE $10,000 T-O-X for November 2018.
4. District 27 posts highest median T-O-X. For districts having more than 10 resale transactions in December 2018, District 27 (Yishun, Sembawang) posted the highest median T-O-X at POSITVE $21,000, followed by District 4 (Telok Blangah, Harbourfront) at POSITIVE $10,000.
5. District 15 posts the lowest median T-O-X. For districts having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in December 2018, District 15 (Katong, Joo Chiat, Amber Road) posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $80,000, followed by District 10 (Telok Blangah, Harbourfront) at NEGATIVE $70,000.