According to SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, prices in October 2018 decreased by 2.1% from October 2017.
- Prices in October 2018 were down by 14.3% from its peak in April 2013.
- In October 2018, both Mature Estates and Non-Mature Estates recorded a year-on-year price decrease of 2.7% and 1.6% respectively from October 2017.
- Monthly change in index value for September 2018 remained unchanged at -0.7%.
2. HDB resale volume decreases by 0.3%. 1,994 HDB resale flats were sold in October 2018. This represents a 0.3% decrease from 1,999 transacted units in September 2018.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in October 2018 was 11.8% higher than 1,783 units resold in October 2017.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is NEGATIVE $1,000 in October 2018. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- Overall Median T-O-X was NEGATIVE $1,000 in October 2018. This is an increase of $100 comparing to NEGATIVE $1,100 for September 2018.
- Median T-O-X for HDB 3 Rooms, 4 Rooms, 5 Rooms and Executive flats in October 2018 were NEGATIVE $1,500, ZERO, NEGATIVE $2,000 and NEGATIVE $3,000 respectively.
4. Toa Payoh posts the highest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in October 2018, Toa Payoh posted the highest median T-O-X of POSITIVE $8,500, followed by Geylang at POSITIVE$6,000.
5. Clementi posts the lowest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in October 2018, Clementi posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $10,000, followed by Yishun at NEGATIVE$8,000.