According to SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, prices in August 2018 decreased by 1.7% from August 2017.
- Prices in August 2018 were down by 13.5% from its peak in April 2013.
- In August 2018, both Mature Estates and Non-Mature Estates recorded a year-on-year price decrease of 1.8% and 1.7% respectively from August 2017.
- Monthly change in index value for July 2018 remained unchanged at -0.3%.
2. HDB resale volume decreases by 18.6%. 2,076 HDB resale flats were sold in August 2018. This represents a 18.6% decrease from 2,550 transacted units in July 2018.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in August 2018 was 6.1% higher than 1,957 units resold in August 2017.
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is ZERO $0 in August 2018. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- Overall Median T-O-X was ZERO $0 in August 2018. It remained unchanged compared to July 2018.
- Median T-O-X for HDB 3 Rooms, 4 Rooms, 5 Rooms and Executive flats in August 2018 were NEGATIVE $1,000, POSITIVE $1,000, NEGATIVE $2,100 and POSITIVE $14,000 respectively.
4. Kallang/Whampoa posts the highest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in August 2018, Kallang/Whampoa posted the highest median T-O-X of POSITVE $14,000, followed by Punggol and Queenstown at POSITVE $6,000.
5. Ang Mo Kio posts the lowest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in August 2018, Ang Mo Kio posted the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $7,000, followed by Toa Payoh atNEGATIVE $6,000.