According to the SRX Non-Landed Private Residential Price Index:
- Year-on-year, prices in January 2018 increased by 6.3% from January 2017. In individual sectors, CCR, RCR and OCR recorded a year-on-year price increase of 5.6%, 9.7% and 4.4% respectively.
- January 2018 prices were down by 1.2% from the peak in January 2014.
- Price change was revised from 0.4% to 0.3% in December 2017.
- CCR and RCR continue to reach new highs.
2. Resale volume increases by 15.1%. According to Non-Landed Private Residential Resale data compiled by SRX Property, an estimated 1,097 Non-landed Private Residential units were resold in January 2018. This is a 15.1% increase compared to 953 units resold in December 2017.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in January 2018 was 99.8% higher compared to 549 units resold in January 2017;
3. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (TOX) is POSITIVE $16,500 in January 2018. The median T-O-X for Non-Landed Private Residential measures whether people are overpaying or underpaying the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- The median T-O-X in January 2018 is POSITIVE $16,500. It is a $4,500 increase comparing to POSITIVE $12,000 T-O-X in December 2017.
This means that a majority of the buyers in those districts purchased units above the computer-generated market value.
5. Among relatively active districts, District 27 posts the most negative median T-O-X. District 27 (Sembawang / Yishun) posted a T-O-X of NEGATIVE $9,000.
This means that a majority of the buyers in these districts purchased units below the computer-generated market value.